IUL’s Code of Ethics
The university is a place where the exercise of the rights and freedoms is a priority. The university is the protector of the ethical values which have to be applied by everyone within each university activity. Teaching, research, campus life and community life cannot be exempted from the respect of the human person. To this end, the respect of the physical and moral integrity and the respect for human dignity are essential. The members of the university community have to receive a fair treatment. This is necessary to create an environment conductive to ensure an effective operation to the university. This also enables to pursue scientific and educational objectives. The purpose of this charter is to guarantee the ethics and deontology within the university.
- The student agrees to sign it upon her/his registration and to respect it throughout the year.
- The student has the right to equal treatment, without distinction of any kind, such as race, color, sex, nationality, language, handicap, sexual preference, age, and religion, political or other opinion.
- The student has the right to quality education. The quality training of the present and future generation has to be secured by the university. This is its primary responsibility.
- The student has the right to express her/his opinion freely. She/he has the right to investigate and discuss about all the subjects connected to the disciplines taught, subject to the ethical rules.
- The student has the right to access in a transparent manner to any relevant information concerning the curriculum and the examination process for each discipline.
- The student has the right to consult her/his examination paper and to contest the result before the appointed instance.
- The student agrees not to infringe other students and staff members’ rights.
- The student agrees to comply with an adult, responsible and respectful behavior towards the staff members and towards the other students.
- The student agrees to be motivated by the pursuit of truth into the search of knowledge. This search is the condition for academic freedom, through the freedom of scientific instruction and research. Any other form of motivation, which does not respect the integrity and impartiality values, shall be outlawed.
- The student agrees not to crib. Plagiarism undermines the diploma’s credibility as well as the scientific quality. This cannot be tolerated within the university. Paraphrase is not forbidden but not recommended. The student agrees to quote a source and to use quotation marks when she/he keeps several terms. Plagiarism is a serious fraud of which the disciplinary measure can go so far as the exclusion of the establishment.
- The student agrees not to offer gifts or other kind of benefits to teaching or administrative staffs for the purpose of an overvaluation or to obtain a diploma.